Serving others is a privilege and a responsibility the Lord has given to all within the body of Christ. When we use our spiritual gift(s) we build up, strengthen and help the whole body to grow to maturity.
There are 5 main service teams in our church. Each team has a significant function in caring out the priorities of our church.
Missions and Evangelism
- Provide leadership and planning of local outreach and evangelism.
- Provide encouragement to our supported missionaries.
- Share updates and information to our church family so as to keep the church informed and motivated for the Great Commission.
- Provide vision and leadership for short and long term mission trips.
- Oversee all neighborhood related special events held at our church.
- Oversee the ministries that teach, train, and grow members deeper into their faith in Christ
- Select curriculum, choose teachers, provide training and recruit volunteers.
- Oversee Youth, Kids of Faith, Sunday School, Nursery, Small Groups, Men’s and Women’s Ministries and the Library.
- Provide vision for worship and proactively promote an atmosphere of meaningful corporate experiences of God’s presence and power.
- Plan and institute the weekly services, select worship leaders, sound technicians, announcers, recruit musicians, conduct practices, choose music, be responsible for communion and offering takers, and plan special services.
- Plan and initiate gatherings that promote the shared life experience of the church including potlucks, wedding and baby showers, and other celebrations and events deemed beneficial to the life of the church.
- Oversee the distribution of flowers during times of hospitalization and bereavement, and the planning of meals for funerals.
- Oversee the church kitchen.
- Oversee greeters.
Buildings and Grounds
- Maintain the facilities of the church, being responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of all church property
- Do general cleaning of all church property
Specific Sunday Morning Service Opportunities also include:
Greeter: Welcoming people to our weekend worship gatherings!
Hospitality: Helping bake, set-up, and serve snacks.
Audio Visual Production Team: Helping the technology side of things run smoothly
Usher Team: Cleaning up before hand, setting up communion, taking offering, etc.
Nursery/Childcare:Volunteering to serve 1-2 hour per month in our church nursery.
Might God be calling you to be a part of one of these teams?
Send us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (402) 345-2953.